Coronavirus (COVID-19) Taking Care of You & Your Pets
As COVID-19 continues to affect our nation and Florida, we are committed to staying open to help your & your pets during this anxious time. Safety for you, our staff, and our veterinarians remain our top priority.
For Everyone’s safety and peace of mind, we are taking the following steps:
- We are doing curbside service for all appointments & prescription pick-ups.
- We require all clients to wear a mask when you are in your car and we interact with you in the parking lot.
- When you arrive, stay in your car and call us to check-in.
- For your pet’s safety, please bring all cats in a secure carrier and have a leash for your dog with a well fitted collar.
- We’ll send one of our technicians out to meet you and collect your pet.
- Have your phone on and be ready to talk to our CSRs. They will have questions for you and information about your pet’s health and well-being.
- You’ll stay in your car while your pet is being examined. Once the doctor completes the exam, we’ll give you a call to discuss findings and recommendations for treatment.
- Checking out & payment will also be done over the phone or in the parking lot.
- We’ll then bring your pet to you once the medical care is completed. We’ll bring any medications also.
Medication refills & pick-up
- Follow the steps above when you arrive. Call us by phone to check-in.
- Put your mask on so we can safely communicate with you and deliver your pet’s medications.
- Medication pick up times are between 8-9 am and 4-5 pm ONLY
What are some other things we are doing?
- We’re asking clients who don’t feel well to stay home and reschedule their appointments.
- All sick employees are instructed to stay home.
- We’re practicing 6 feet social distancing as well as good hygiene by washing our hands frequently, using alcohol based hand sanitizer, avoiding unnecessary physical contact, and covering our noses and mouth with a mask or a face covering.
- We’re taking extra steps to wipe down high touch surfaces throughout our clinic several times a day.
What can you do?
- Wear a mask.
- Observe social distancing (6 feet between individuals).
- If you are sick or don’t feel well, please stay home and call us to reschedule your appointment. There is no penalty for a last-minute cancellation or reschedule if you are sick. You can also have a different family member or friend bring your pet to us for their appointment.
- Wash your hands with soap and water prior to visiting our hospital, even though you are just dropping your pet off with us.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands. We like giving a wave or thumbs up.
Working together, we can help our clinic and our community stay as safe and healthy as possible.
We've changed our hours of operation to 8 am- 5pm Monday through Friday.
Garrison Animal Hospital is a full service small animal practice offering a wide variety of medical, surgical, dental and routine procedures. Our professional and courteous team of veterinarians, receptionists, technicians and support staff strive to provide the best possible medical, surgical, dental and overall care for our valued patients.
We continue to provide individualized patients care and exemplary client service. Come by or give us a call. We are here to help.
High quality medical care with exceptional client service!